We have been making a giant 'Under the Sea' themed painting to hand up in the kids bedroom (I will update with the finished painting post). Here is an easy Starfish Craft that both my 4 year old and 1 year old were able to make using a printable template.
Here is how to make this starfish craft:
- Print the starfish template here. There are 2 different shapes! * Scroll all the way to the last craft for the printable.
- Cut around the outlines and then trace the star shape on to either a paper plate or cardstock.
- Fold along where the directions call for you to make a crease. This will make your starfish 3-dimensional!
- Paint in colors of choice.
- Add any other decorations like sequins, glitter, and so on. I happened to have Barilla Pastina on hand which are teeny star-shaped pasta that I let the kids use to decorate their craft with.
- You could glue the starfish edges to paper (or a giant painting like us) or just leave them as is.